Responsible for monitoring and uptime of all production databases and estimating Microsoft SQL or PostgreSQL database capacities, developing methods for monitoring database capacity and usage.
• 3 years of experience working with PostgreSQL or Microsoft SQL Server • 3 years of experience designing and deploying PostgreSQL databases on Cloud platforms such as
AWS and Azure • Bachelor's Degree or combination of education and experience
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for the monitoring and uptime of all production databases • Estimate Microsoft SQL or PostgreSQL database capacities; develop methods for monitoring
database capacity and usage. • Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive
intervention, reducing any needed downtime. • Set database usage standards with developers. • Manage schema updates and code-driven DB changes with developers. Participate in application
development projects and be responsible for database architecture and design. • Participate in the creation of development, staging, and production database instances and the
migration from one environment to another. • Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors.
• Recommend and implement emerging database technologies. • Create and manage database reports, visualizations, and dashboards. • Recommend optimizations to existing application queries. • Provide oversight and manage MS SQL Server, AWS cloud-native RDBMS, and NoSQL DBs for
new product lines • Be a part of rotating on-call schedules. • Support complex web-based applications. • Perform other duties as assigned.
• Minimum 3 years of experience working with PostgreSQL or Microsoft SQL Server • Three years of experience as a PostgreSQL or Microsoft SQL database administrator designing
and deploying PostgreSQL databases on Cloud platforms such as AWS and Azure • Experience with AWS and Azure RDS offerings and support
• Experience with backups, restores, and recovery models • Three years of expert experience performing database performance analysis, system, and
statement SQL tuning. • Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring
standards • Ability to work in the US for a Government Contractor
• Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling • PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills • Experience with Linux or Windows Server environments • Extensive experience with additional database technologies (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgreSQL
Oracle, MongoDB) • Have extensive AWS and Azure RDS experience • Experience with NoSQL technologies
Required - Bachelor's Degree in an applicable discipline or a combination of experience and education will be considered
Desired: Advanced Degree in an applicable discipline a plus
Certification(s), Licenses Any Applicable Certifications a plus
Years of experience in a similar role Required - 3 + years Desired - 5 + years