2 Positions Available
The Systems Administrator is a hands-on position that installs, upgrades, configures, monitors, and performs problem determination for servers and software in physical/virtual and Cloud Windows and Linux environments.
• Plans and communicates system outages and activities. • Helps to create and maintain documentation for all department activities. • Adheres to all Service Request, Incident, and Change Management policies and procedures. • Responsible for a broad range of systems, security administration, and operations in
physical/virtual and Cloud environments. Assists project teams as requested and participate in overall support rotation.
5 + years’ experience in System Administration Experience in Windows, Linux/Unix. Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Duties and Responsibilities
• Individuals may perform any combination of the functions shown below. This position description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, knowledge, or abilities associated with this classification, but is intended to accurately reflect the principal job elements.
• Perform daily system and tool checks to verify the integrity, performance, backup, and availability of servers and resources in physical/virtual and Cloud environments.
• Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, application software, and system management tools in physical/virtual and Cloud environments.
• Perform ongoing performance tuning, hardware upgrades, and resource optimization. • Perform troubleshooting as required and participate in problem-solving efforts often involving
outside vendors and other support personnel and/or organizations. • Adheres to all procedures and policies including the use of Incident and Change Management. • Creates and maintains detailed technical support and process documentation. • Gathers and formats data for Key Performance Indicators (KPI). • Establishes maintains, and manages service accounts. • Assist with vulnerability scanning and penetration testing. • Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated, approaches for system
administration tasks. • Actively participates in the implementation of disaster recovery and business continuity
capabilities. • Performs capacity monitoring and assists with short and long-term capacity planning. • Perform on-call responsibilities and after-hours duties as necessary.
• 5 + years of System Administration Experience in Windows, Linux/Unix. • System Administration experience, provisioning servers, Installation, Configuration,
Troubleshooting, and Patching. • Active directory administration, Group Policy Management, Troubleshooting. • Cloud Administration of Servers, Services, Log Analytics: AWS, Azure • Operating systems: Windows Linux/Unix, any flavor. • Process experience: Incident Management, Change Management, Release Management,
Problem Management, On-Call. • Experience in setup, configuration of Monitoring tools for Infrastructure, servers, services, and
• Experience in supporting infrastructure and services for Databases MS SQL Server, PostgreSQL, MySQL, others.
• Power Shell, bash scripting/shell scripting • Experience in supporting security tools on servers: enSilo, Nessus, Server Hardening, Password
complexity, length, Critical patches.
Required Bachelor's degree or equivalent
Desired: Master’s degree, Computer Science