$-$: depending upon experience
We are looking for an experienced Construction Project Manager to plan and supervise a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. The Project Manager will plan, organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner, according to requirements and without exceeding budget.
An excellent Construction Project Manager must be well-versed in all construction methodologies and procedures and able to coordinate a team of professionals of different disciplines to achieve the best results.
The ideal candidate will have an analytical mind and great organizational skills.
About the Position
Primary Tasks and Responsibilities
Collaborate with engineers, architects etc. to determine the specifications of the project
Negotiate contracts with external vendors to reach profitable agreements
Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities
Determine needed resources (manpower, equipment and materials) from start to finish with attention to budgetary limitations
Plan all construction operations and schedule intermediate phases to ensure deadlines will be met
Acquire equipment and material and monitor stocks to timely handle inadequacies
Hire contractors and other staff and allocate responsibilities
Supervise the work of laborers, mechanics etc. and give them guidance when needed
Evaluate progress and prepare detailed reports
Ensure adherence to all health and safety standards and report issues
• Bachelor’s Degree in business related field (Preferred).
- Project Manager Certification (Preferred)
5 Years of construction management experience managing budgets and schedules
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Proven experience as construction project manager
- In-depth understanding of construction procedures and material and project management principles
- Familiarity with quality and health and safety standards
- Good knowledge of MS Office
- Familiarity with construction/ project management software
- Outstanding communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- A team player with leadership abilities
- BSc/BA in engineering, building science or relevant field
- PMP or equivalent certification will be an advantage