We are seeking Field Technicians in support of a NAVFAC GIS project to collect utilities data to include aboveground utility features, overhead utility lines, and underground utility lines, and to deliver a connected GIS geodatabase for each utility system.
The Field Technician will apply learned engineering and surveying principals to assigned projects. They should be able to work independently and oversee Junior Field Technicians. This position requires a hard-working, safe, efficient, and dedicated person who can train junior associates and work with a team.
- The Field technician will:
- Perform field activities including GPS location with survey-grade GPS equipment.
- Conventional survey activities.
- Subsurface utility location.
- Manhole inspections.
- Sanitary sewer smoke testing.
- Performs subsurface utility investigations utilizing electromagnetic scanning and ground penetrating radar.
4 years related professional experience.
BS degree preferred, Associates degree with additional experience is accepted.
- NAS Meridian
- NAS Corpus Christi
- CBC Gulfport
- NSA MidSouth
- NAS Kingsville