LCAT Project Manager
Location Washington, DC
Role Acquisition Oversight Lead (PID 1478.b)
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program as an Acquisition Liaison by providing:
• Budget and cost estimation support through the development and refinement of budget input from EHRM leads and track spending throughout the year against Project proposed spend planning needs
• Monitor spending to ensure it is within budget and inform EHRM leads of status and availability of funds
• Support budget/spend plan related data calls
• Facilitate meetings and provide briefings on budget work to EHRM leads
• Manage funding request and approval process
• Responsible for creating, developing, and modifying reporting metrics related to the funding request and acquisition lifecycles
• Create and implement both an internal and external recording and reporting mechanism to detail those metrics.
• Other duties as assigned by the Budget Management lead.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience is required. An additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
• Experience managing Information Technology related projects
• Experience in lifecycle and project management methodologies
• Ability to identify and mitigate risks
• Experience in the effective use of data provided by cost estimators to create overall cost versus benefit assessment
• Able to consider functional benefits, technical performance, risks, and schedule concerns
• Able to develop budgets, assess previous budgets, and monitor expenditures
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Systems, Business or related scientific/technical discipline is required
• Experience in the VA
• Experience implementing Electronic Health Records
• Proficient in Microsoft Excel