Pay Rate:$60- $65/ hourly
LCAT Cyber Security Engineer, Senior
Location 1100 1st Street, Washington, DC
Role Senior Cyber Security Engineer (PIDs 1733-1734)
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program as a Senior Cybersecurity Engineer. Activities include:
• Serve as a senior Medical device security (MedMOD) PM to support Cybersecurity and interagency issues.
• Serve as senior policy and engineering lead on medical device isolation and other biomedical device security concerns. Able to understand current DoD and VA cybersecurity guidance as it relates to Healthcare Technology. Able to understand the use of VLANs and use of logical separation of devices based on risk characterization.
• Provide leadership on implementation of Risk Management Framework based on in-depth knowledge of VA processes, procedures, and policy. Specifically, as it relates to the inclusion of FDA and other Medical device rules into managing a joint infrastructure
• Work with JCOIC members who are coordinating with existing VA OEHRM CMO Biomedical leadership and help mitigate any risks based on VA cybersecurity designs.
• Reviewing and validation of the documentation regarding the designs for medical systems, to I nclude devices, to facilitate VA timelines and existing systems.
• Knowledge of current Healthcare standards (e.g. HL7 FHIR, CCDA) to facilitate information exchange, as well as Interoperability coordination between VA and its community care providers over a Health Information Exchange.
• Provide technical strategies and guidance for implementation of the Risk Management Framework to support VA Authority to Operate/Authority to Connect activities.
• Provide evaluations in the form of technical guidance, white papers, and strategy briefs on Cyber Security Tools, network topologies.
• Minimum of 10 years of experience. An additional 10 years of experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
• Extensive IT experience in all aspects of Cyber Security with a vast array of IT systems involving end user as well as enterprise level networks.
• Experience in designing and implementing systems that meet agency Cyber Security policy and regulations.
• Extensive experience in Cyber Security Tools, network topologies, intrusion detection, PKI, and secured networks.
Master's Degree in computer science, electronics engineering or other engineering or technical discipline.
• Strong Oral and written communication skills
• Familiarity with EHR Systems
• Experience with eMass
• Experience with BioMedical Devices
• Understanding of Medical Device security
• Experience in the VA
• Experience implementing Electronic Health Records