Labor Category: Integration Engineer, Expert
Location: Washington, DC
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Office of Electronic Health Record Modernization (OEHRM) as an Interface Connectivity Engineer.
Senior Integration Engineer Positions are required to increase implementation and testing of PPSM in support of Go-Live events back-to-back. They are required to conduct the following activities:
- Complete PPSM documentation and connectivity tests per an established schedule
- Create, track, and troubleshoot network and firewall change requests.
- Coordinate and facilitate engineering connectivity events between multiple technical stakeholders;
- Track, document, and run to closure firewall tickets
- Document processes, procedures, and troubleshooting event logs
- Minimum of 15 years of experience. An additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Be able to create strategies and plans for integration of multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained.
- Able to coordinate with development and user teams to assess risks, goals and needs and ensure that all are adequately addressed.
- Experienced in introducing new hardware or software into a new or existing environment while minimizing disruption and mitigating risks.
- Able to be cost conscience as well addressing goals.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math, or equivalent
- Strong applied experience in the DISA PPSM process
- Expertise in networking, protocols, and how technologies interact.
- Expertise in troubleshooting network connectivity issues
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing EHR