Labor Category: Information Architect, Sr.
Location: Washington, DC
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program. The Sustainment Project and Information Manager is responsible to assist the CMIO - Associate CNIO in the management of OERHM related sustainment activities. This support includes the following activities: Provide overall project management support the for OEHRM sustainment organization; Complete a project plan, timeline, and project charter; Create a sustainment organizational structure and model with a recommended resource plan and budget; Setup a meeting cadence with key stakeholders to coordinate across sustainment activities (e.g. OEHRM, VHA, OIT, FEHRM, DoD); Create a ShareP, oint repository to store sustainment materials, meeting minutes, and other briefing documents; Support sustainment task order reviews; Cover sustainment activities as assigned by the CNIO or designee.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience is required. An additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
- Able to plan, design, and oversee deployment of complex enterprise-wide or large-scale information architectures including computer hardware and software, operating systems, middleware, communications hardware and software, and security components.
- Knowledge of standards for open systems architectures as they apply to the implementation and specification of complex information management solutions to ensure systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards.
- Able to identify necessary interfaces between enterprise solution applications and legacy IT environments.
- Able to perform business case analysis and identification of alternative solutions and resulting business impacts.
- Experience with Cerner, preferably with sustainment activities
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field.
• Experience in the VA
• Experience implementing Electronic Health Records
• HIT Experience