Labor Category: Integration Engineer, Expert
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program as a Technical Liaison in Ann Arbor, MI. Facilitate the assessment, alignment and optimization of technical areas to meet OEHRM deployment requirements. Liaison will work directly with local VAMC leads (OI&T, BioMed, Facilities Management, and others) to ensure technical capabilities are in place for the deployment of EHRM.
- Minimum of 15 years of experience. An additional 8 years of experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Understanding of the engineering and technical concerns related to biomedical and medical devices
- Understanding of EHR implementation and how it relates to network and information security
- EHR deployment experience highly preferred
- Understanding of Network security
- Microsoft Visio and Project
- Health IT experience
- Ability to create strategies and plans for integration of multiple IT systems/subsystems into an operational unit, ensuring full functional and performance capabilities are retained
- Coordinate with development and user teams to assess risks, goals, and needs and ensure that all are adequately addressed.
- Experienced in introducing new hardware and software into a new or existing environment while minimizing disruption and mitigating risks.
- Must be cost conscious as well as address goals
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Math or equivalent
- VA experience preferred