Labor Category: Clinical Informaticist II
Location: Washington D.C.
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program as a Patient Safety Clinical & Quality RN Lead. Develop a plan for integrating “patient safety risk identification methodology”, into all stages of deployment, optimization, and sustainment EHR life cycle.
Provide SME support to the host site safety manager for Go-live support including, cut over, safety ticket management, documentation of safety issues and track to resolution. Coordinate with Cerner and patient safety manager to facilitate communication with OEHRM and other VA stakeholders (including On-Site Deployment Team (OSDT), clinical councils, etc.). Establish KPI’s for safety / quality measures. Evaluate policies, compare to industry best practices and determine application to the EHR implementation.
- Minimum of 4 years of experience. An additional 8 years of experience may be substituted for degree requirements
- Assess information and knowledge-based needs of healthcare professionals and patients
- Characterizes, evaluates, and refines clinical processes
- Develops, implements, and refines clinical decision support systems, and leads or participates in the procurement, customization, development, implementation, management, evaluation, and continuous improvement of clinical information systems, such as EHRs and order-entry systems
- Works independently and self-starter
• Master's degree in Healthcare or related scientific, technical, or clinical discipline is required
• VA experience preferred
• Experience implementing Electronic Health Records