Please consider working with North America’s largest provider of funeral, cremation and cemetery services. Our client seeks a Groundskeeper / Grounds Maintenance Technician who is hard working and punctual.
Hours: Mon – Fri (8 am to 5 pm)
Occasional weekend hours may be required
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Personal Protection Equipment Required
Should have steel toed boots, Jeans and solid color shirts with no advertising logos or messages.
Performs all grounds keeping and maintenance matters on the properties and maintains the overall appearance of a cemetery, mausoleum or funeral home location
- Cuts grass, maintains lawn, trims around trees, walkways and memorial markers, lays sod, moves and removes flowers to and from chapel and graveside.
- Clears debris and maintains drives and walkways in safe condition. May require snow removal depending on location.
- Prepares minor repairs to grave markers.
- Set up tents / canopies and arranges chairs for graveside ceremony.
- Installs grave markers, bronze memorials, crypt faces, etc.
- Maintains and repairs existing markers and other cemetery features.
- Maintains, services, cleans and properly stores equipment. • General maintenance of facilities and vehicles.
- Cleans and maintains facility to include performing minor repairs, painting, etc.
- Arranges chapel for services.
- May assist in moving and installing vaults.
Observe safety rules and ensure compliance with the operating procedures of corporate, federal, state and local regulations, including OSHA regulations.