Labor Category: Information Architect, Sr.
Location: 1100 1st Street, Washington DC
Job Overview/ Activities:
Support the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Electronic Health Record Modernization (EHRM) program as a CSS Change Manager.
The Solution Advisor, Oncology is responsible for all Acute and Ambulatory Oncology, as well as Organ Transplant Tracking Record. The Solution Advisor will support the ambulatory council chair and the VA Solution Expert in the following activities: design and build of the Oncology order sets and physician documentation requirements, driving standardization across VA and DoD; assist in future state oncology workflow design and diagrams, identify potential risks and pain points in the workflow; assist in the user functional testing and creation of test cases for oncology workflows; assist the training team in review of training materials for oncology workflows; support the change management/change control process during VA site rollouts, monitor tickets and help create mock workflows in collaboration with solution experts and DoD solution owners; cover solution activities as assigned.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience is required. An additional 8 years of relevant experience may be substituted for degree requirements.
- Able to plan, design, and oversee deployment of complex enterprise-wide or large-scale information architectures including computer hardware and software, operating systems, middleware, communications hardware and software, and security components.
- Knowledge of standards for open systems architectures as they apply to the implementation and specification of complex information management solutions to ensure systems are compatible and in compliance with the standards.
- Able to identify necessary interfaces between enterprise solution applications and legacy IT environments.
- Able to perform business case analysis and identification of alternative solutions and resulting business impacts.
- Able to proactively engage stakeholders across multiple teams
- Strong critical thinking skills, ability to multi-task, and detail-oriented
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, Business, or related field.
- Experience in the VA
- Experience implementing Electronic Health Records
- Expertise with Cerner oncology solution
- Clinical background