EPSI WORX has temporary job opportunities - Food Service Support Staff - (Grill Cook) for a healthcare client with a state-of-the-art facility.
Must present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
Must be a non-smoker
Position: Grill Cook
Location: Fort Washington, MD 20744
Temporary to start - possible transition to permanent for the right candidate.
Workdays / Hours: Seven (7) Days / Week
Various Shifts - Weekdays, Weekends, and Holidays
Hardworking and Reliable Grill Cook
Accurately and efficiently prepare, portion, grill, and present a variety of hot and/or cold food items for various meal periods: to include Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, and Special/Catered Events.
The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but the client may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks meats and vegetables using a skill in frying, grilling and sautéing.
- Prepares, seasons and cooks starches, vegetables and other side hot food items.
- Performs food preparation work for cooking, including seasoning.
- Measures and mixes ingredients according to the recipe.
- Deep fries, grills and sauté meats, fish, vegetables and other foods. Observes and tests foods being cooked by tasting, smelling and piercing.
- Portions food on serving plates.
- May add gravies, sauces, and garnishes to servings.
- May select recipes per menu cycle, prepare bakery items, receive inventory, move and lift foodstuffs and supplies and prepare meals for customers requiring special diets.
- May clean and sanitize workstations and equipment and must follow all client and regulatory rules and procedures.
- Responsible for following food safety and physical safety policies at all times, while utilizing personal protective equipment (PPE) when required by management.
- High School diploma, GED or equivalent.
- 0 to 2 years of related work experience.
- Knowledge of basic operation of equipment and cash-handling procedures preferred.
- Applies basic skills and may develop skills appropriate for the position.
- Focuses primarily on own area of specialty.
- Good working knowledge of food preparation.
- Requires familiarity with kitchen equipment.
- Must be able to read and follow a recipe unsupervised
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment