Responsible for providing second level support of client’s Point of Sale (POS) system – HMIS. Will resolve escalated user support issues and submit production fixes using SQL and Change Management processes and tools. Identifies and documents systemic issues within the application, and uses TFS to log issues, bugs and enhancements. Documents business and functional requirements and communicates those requirements to the development team. Creates and executes test plans for issues and bugs, as well as overall system testing for major enhancements. Must have an understanding of business and technical design processes and reporting requirements to support those processes. Responsible for coordinating data requirements and issues with the business owners in an effective, problem-solving manner.
50% End User Support
- Assesses, coordinates and reviews all issues and impacts associated with HMIS (Hanlon Management Information System) support and business processes.
- Creates necessary SQL scripts and testing evidence to correct system data.
- Builds ad-hoc queries for business owners.
- Conducts analysis of data extracts.
- Prepares detailed and accurate documentation of queries and testing.
- Works with MS Excel to manipulate and report data, especially pivot tables and macros.
- Researches and creates data fixes using SQL.
- Communicates effectively with Corporate and Field users.
- Provides training and support to junior associates.
50% System Administration and Maintenance
- Protects and ensures the stability of the HMIS system as well as maintain the integrity of the data it contains.
- Analyzes, documents and communicates application issues.
- Interprets business requirements to identify proper tools and methods to analyze, identify and report data trends and variances.
- Develops and proposes new system standards to improve production or workflow as required.
- Provides support to projects via requirements, testing and implementation.
- Documents business and technical requirements for input to development activities.
- Performs system testing utilizing HMIS application.
- Complies with all SOX requirements and prepares necessary documentation.
- Meets with Corporate Business Process Owners to assess needs.
- Meets with audit team to discuss compliance with controls.
- Bachelor’s Degree in with emphasis in Accounting, Finance, Business, Information Systems or a related discipline preferred.
- Three (3) years’ experience working with applications, systems or in a business related or technical field.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Demonstrated requirements analysis and business process definition skills along with outstanding documentation skills
- Experience with requirements documenting tools a plus (UML, JIRA, etc.)
- Prior knowledge with large Point of Sale (POS), accounting and financial applications. i.e. SAP, Oracle preferred
- Good working experience with MS Excel and MS Office Suite
- Intermediate experience writing SQL queries required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal required
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills required
- A proven ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical professionals
- Strong problem-solving aptitude, with a desire, ability and drive to determine root cause and apply corrections and preventive measures