The Utility Worker is responsible for maintaining kitchen work areas, equipment, and utensils. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
- Washes dishes by hand or places them in a dishwashing machine.
- Washes worktables, walls, refrigerators and meat blocks.
- Sweeps, mops, cleans and vacuums floors.
- Removes trash and garbage to designated areas.
- Transfers supplies and equipment within and between storage and work areas such as pantry and dish room.
- Cleans equipment using specific chemicals to ensure sanitary standards.
- Polishes silver.
- May wash pots.
- Complies with all Sodexo HACCP policies and procedures.
- Attends all allergy and foodborne illness in-service training.
- Attends training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Presents self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
- Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
- Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
- Maintains a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers, and client representatives.
- Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
- Significant walking or other means of mobility.
- Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.